The Friends of the National Museum of Asian Art are the heart of our museum community. When you become a Friend, you make it possible for everyone to experience the extraordinary collections of Asian and American art through inspiring exhibitions and transformative programs. You join a vital group of philanthropists that contributes their time, talents, and resources to protect and preserve the arts and cultures of Asia. When you become a Friend, you build empathy and understanding across cultures, in our community, and throughout the world.
Join this wonderful group of benefactors today to safeguard the arts and cultures of Asia for the next generation.
Friends of the National Museum of Asian Art provide crucial support for:
- World-class exhibitions, in the galleries and online
- Groundbreaking scientific research in arts conservation
- Significant art acquisitions to enhance our collections
- Innovative K–12 education programs, online resources, and teacher trainings
- Outstanding performances of contemporary and traditional Asian music, dance, film, and drama as well as our family festivals celebrating Asian holidays and traditions
- Museum operations and day-to-day needs, keeping the museum open and accessible to all
Friends receive exclusive benefits and special access to all corners of the museum.
Become a Friend ($150–$500)
Begin your journey to join the Friends community, and support the museum you love.
Join the Friends Circles ($1,500+)
Take your place in this remarkable community of philanthropists, and promote the diverse cultures of Asia through the arts.
Teachers and students
Contact FriendsNMAA@si.edu to learn about discounted memberships for full-time students and instructors.