Purportedly excavated in Shensi [Shaanxi] 
You Xiaoxi (late 19th–early 20th century), Shanghai, to 1917 
From 1917 to 1919
Charles Lang Freer (1854–1919), purchased from You Xiaoxi in New York, NY in 1917 
Freer Gallery of Art, gift of Charles Lang Freer in 1920 
 According to Curatorial Remark 2 in the object record.
 See Original Miscellaneous List, S.I. 1316, p. 300, Freer Gallery of Art and Arthur M. Sackler Gallery Archives.
 See note 2.
 The original deed of Charles Lang Freer’s gift was signed in 1906. The collection was received in 1920 upon the completion of the Freer Gallery.
- Previous Owner(s) and Custodian(s)
Charles Lang Freer 1854-1919
You Xiaoxi (C.L. Freer source) late 19th-early 20th century
- Published References
- Sueji Umehara. Shina kogyoku zuroku [Selected Specimens of Chinese Archaic Jade]. Kyoto, 1955. pl. 91.
- Thomas Lawton. Chinese Art of the Warring States Period: Change and Continuity, 480-222 B.C. Washington, 1982-1983. cat. 100, p. 153.
- Collection Area(s)
- Chinese Art
- Web Resources
- Google Cultural Institute
- CC0 - Creative Commons (CC0 1.0)
CC0 - Creative Commons (CC0 1.0)
Usage Conditions Apply
Chrome users: right click on icon, select "save link as..."
Internet Explorer users: right click on icon, select "save target as..."
Mozilla Firefox users: right click on icon, select "save link as..."